Monday, October 25, 2021

Chapter 11- An Inspiring Role Model

 


My Faithful Friend

My pastor, Ronnie Tabor, gives such inspiring sermons that back in March he sort of magically woke up the dead writer inside me. I had been receiving a lot of good story ideas by that point and by July that sleeping writer woke up. God had tried many times to revive the storyteller in me and this time it seems to be sticking. The writer me is on fire again

I talk to God every morning and God kinda snuck a lot of people from church into the story too, not to mention people from my past series. It really wasn't a story at that point, just a reflection about a point in my past. God started calling my story being obedient to God. Everyday he would point out things to me and I would add them to the story. The story just sort of blossomed from there. 

He calls it paying attention to the little things. You know the kind of things I mean, right? You hear a song lyric that sticks in your head. What is it saying to you? That is God speaking. You hear someone say something that sticks out or a word keeps coming to you over and over... That is God too. He is prompting us, nudging us where we need to go. He has a plan and he is guiding you to it every day.

God said I was using history and my real life experiences to prove God exists. I am still doing that with my mixed up fairytale. It's really fun for me to write in this way. I am a big overthinker. When I created The Legacy of Spies concept way back in 1998, I kinda went character crazy, spinoff after spinoff, series after series: The Hollow, Ambrose, Shattered/The Trust, Murder in the Choir Room, By Any Other Name, Trouble With UFOs, Web of Lies... I even wrote a few episodes of the 5th Virtual Season of Poltergeist The Legacy (go to fanfiction.net under the name Bradygirl) which is what inspired this series' name. Go click on the profile link in the right sidebar. It's all there. I need to rewrite Bulgarian Underground which is Ethan's first mission. I was still teaching myself to write when I did that. It's a big dream of mine to reboot that spy series. I love it so much.

Right now I am crafting a cool concept that is sort of along the lines of my mixed up fairytale. History is all wrong and we have protector knights go back in time to fix historic glitches that changed history. In my mind, the history we know isn't right. We need to fix it. I like this concept because back when I took history, history didn't speak to me, my mind couldn't grasp it. A series called Voyagers did. I got it then, I could see it. They fixed history. They fixed me. I want to do that for others using my same obedience to God writing style.. I told you that the writer in me is on fire and I am so excited to begin.

No comments: