Monday, September 27, 2021

Chapter 1 - Maiden Marian - That Fateful Day

 


Chapter 1 - Maiden Marian - That Fateful Day

The day had been glorious. Such a wonderful day of celebration. There was a great amount of singing and dancing and merry making. It's no wonder Arthur forgot himself. The curse was far from his mind. He was so happy on that fateful and dreadful day. The day was both a blessing and a curse.

You may have heard of my Arthur. He is a king afterall. Years earlier they joked when he received God's blessing. He had the Midas touch, they said. Soon people began to think he and Midas were different people. It was always just Arthur. And he was so careful with his gift. Until today.

I could only watch as my Arthur shrank back from me and clutched his chest. In his passion he had forgotten of God's gift. And the moment our fingers touched I turned to pure gold. I can still see him because of who I am and my special powers. I am a Merlin, one of many in our realm with such powers. I am Arthur's protector and lady love.

He was so happy to bring such prosperity to the land, but too soon this blessing became a curse. Can you imagine? No hugs, handshakes or back slaps. No touching of a human ever again. Put yourself in his shoes. The woman you've loved so much, fought for and courted is gone in an instant.

It was too much for his heart. His burdened and noble heart. But I used the power to save him. I could change our story. And with my last remaining thoughts, I put my plan into action.

No comments: