Monday, December 13, 2021

Chapter 2: Time Tunnel - History Lessons - My Past Revisited

 




Time Tunnel History Lessons

Chapter 2: My Past Revisited

By Toni Walker • tonispywriter@gmail.com


Wow, my head was throbbing something fierce. Plus my whole body ached as if I had fallen down a flight of stairs and landed on my neck wrong.


“What happened?” I mumbled.


“Oh, thank God you’re awake,” said a voice beside me. The voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't place it. “I didn’t think you were ever going to wake up.”


I pried an eye open and stared at him. His image kept morphing back and forth between two images. One was the unknown man in the photo. the other was… The world finally came into focus and so did he. The unknown image melted away and who I saw was a shock. 


“Steven?”


“Steven Saintstone at your service.”


“You’re kidding?” I touched his arm just to be sure.


“Nope, it’s me. Surprise!” He helped me to sit up. “I brought you into the editor’s office. Very nice office for the time period.”


I just stared at him. Had I just traveled through time while holding a photo?


“Don’t be mad. Scott and I came to help you with your history hunt. God figurded you needed us. We are your two most trusted allies. We had to let James sit this one out. New intel came forth right before we left and it kinda threw him for a loop. You get your insights directly, so I figure you heard what happened.”


“I feel like my Seeking Sanctuary story is being a bit prophetic.”


“Tell us about it,” Scott said, stepping up behind Steven. James is filling in for DorkCon, as you like to call him. And Martin Steele will assist James until you get back. Honesty, ToeKnee, the guy is freaking out. In your story, Noah left without a word. It happened again but with a bit of a twist.”


“Noah and Hailey? I kind of wondered back then if there was really something going on and I kept second guessing myself.”


“Exactly,” Steven said. “Nick is helping him too. Him and his wife are so regretful they didn’t see the signs. James too. The guy pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes.”


“But Gabe found the fund drain and alerted Caleb. So the church’s money is safe. The Paper’s too.” Scott sat down next to me. “What do you think you need to learn back here?”


“I have an idea, but I’m not certain. It has to do with image manipulation. I keep thinking… what if, for example, Dork thought his wife was really me all this time. How would someone react to that revelation when the spell snapped and who they thought they spent their life with wasn’t the one they actually chose. I have been getting a weird Jax/Dork connection as if they were really the same person and history isn’t what I remember.”


“Where your mind goes sometimes, wow,” Steven muttered.


“I know right? Try living inside this thing.” I tapped my temple. “It’s like playing a continuous, never ending game of VooDoo Castle. Go there, pick up this object, go north and grab a spoon, open a door. It was the original Text Adventure type of game for the VIC20. I think about it from time to time. It makes sense in my brain.”


Sometimes my insights are bang on and sometimes they seem to ripple through the time stream. This mentioning of James has triggered another insight that I'm really not happy about. Disappointed might be a better term for it. 

On Sunday I got the curious impression I was being  pushed out. Stay away seemed to be the mantra I was hearing from them. Go away. Don't come back. It's an odd message to get at church.  I couldn't quite tell where these energetic instructions were coming from. But based on the pastor's sermon and feeling like he was poking at me to enrage the bull, so to speak. I just put up my walls, invoked my current invisible woman status and walked out. I would have liked to have been included in their Christmas singalong that evening, but I didn't want to spend all night explaining why I wasn't asked to sing. All day I was getting the impression, we are putting you out in the cold, get used to it. 

Then the next morning I was getting the distinct impression James was freaked out by Noah and Hailey getting it on. (In retrospect, Noah might have been the one freaked out but I was being sent energetically that it was James to manipulate me.)

I am getting the message James and Hailey want another child and somehow James is unable to make that happen.  Somehow Kara is assisting them making it appear like Hailey was me and manipulating Noah to accomplish their aim. Kind of a creepy and goulash way to get that aim met.

Why would you do something like that to someone you called a friend? Do they not see how this could hinder Noah's possible relationship with me. He may never be able to see me now without seeing that manipulation come to his mind. From my perspective of someone who has waited a long time for love to find her, it is heartbreaking. 

Steven, Scott and I move forward and seek out the other two men in the photo that brought me here hoping to see exactly what I need to learn here before moving on.


No comments: