Thursday, November 11, 2021

Chapter 2 - The Author - Where to Go From Here

 


Chapter 2 - The Author - Where to Go From Here


I have been using an Obedience to God writing style. God calls it a Messy Hair/Don’t Care style. Not everything is going to make sense. Do spy stories ever always make sense? I think not. I will be cherry picking people from other series of mine to make it all more interesting for myself. I have a lot of series to draw from.  Check out my profile link.


I think my biggest failing for my original spy series, The Legacy, was that I never established the true family dynamic of the Fairchild’s. What was their family life like when they weren’t being all spy-like. I tried to be more aware of that in my mixed-up fairytale. That is why I set it at church. But everything is not always peaches and cream at a church either which I discovered along the way in writing Nottingham/Seeking Sanctuary.


I have been considering a whole new concept with my spy stories. I am going to mix them up just like I did my mixed up fairytale. Jared Quinn is from The Legacy story “Ten Little Spies” while Mac and James both come from my Legacy of Spies universe which is set in America. The actual Legacy series is set in London but travels all across Europe.


I have never had a character that was strictly me so I will keep Faith in the forefront. She was undercover for the entirety of the rest of the writing I have done since July kinda pointing out the bad seeds and getting that info to Mac all secret spy-like. Her pendulum board was infiltrated by any number of people while writing this. Demons whisper their manipulation while friend’s subconscious minds told her truths they didn’t want her to see. Being a necromancer does have its benefits. She has known about this power since 1996 but it just came online recently along with a cool energetic bi-location power she is getting a kick out of.


Let me speak more on the "bad seeds" concept above. The people themselves I refer to are not bad seeds. Not at all. Both great men of God. I "based" the characters on them. They are NOT them in reality. I elaborated on their motivations and what might happen if these type of good men went bad and the devil got ahold of them inside their hearts. It was quite a struggle for me to write for them because of this. I hated putting these ideas about them in my mind. So hard to keep character apart from real guy which is ultimately why I had to switch them out for characters. It was hurting my heart to write this because the characters were taking a bad turn in the future and the real men were not.


Right now I am trying to think about where I am going with this story. Mac is being pulled back to his mission where he has been the entire time since July. That is why he never showed up in the stories. I think I am going to bring my Russian gal, Octavia into a Message from Paris type storyline where she is the one they are trying to make into a human AI with nanites. That will surely bring in Taffy from Trouble with UFOs into the story as well.


James, Jared and Faith will insert themselves into the newspaper. I don’t have a name for it yet. Since I work at one, I get all sorts of cool ideas for plotlines. My thoughts right now are The Hearth or The Harken. Since Faith is Maiden Marian at heart, I thought it only right to do a bit of a Goddess Hestia homage to the paper’s name. You can let me know if you think of anything cooler.


We are continuing with the financial glitch concept that is somehow tied to the church Faith attends. Nothing has truly come together yet but a lot of the higher up senior staff are involved. Jared will get a job working as the general manager after theirs up and leaves them in the lurch unexpectedly. I am kind of excited about the direction but I really don’t know the true path it is taking. I have a vague idea but I have to wait for God’s nudgings. I call these nudgings paying attention to the little things. Where is God pointing you. What stuff stands out to you in your day? It can really take the story anywhere.


The two guys from the last story were real people I used to create my characters. God made me reinvent them. I am really sorry if this hurt their feelings. Not my intention at all. Deacon has become like Murdock from MacGyver. He is the bad guy that never really dies. He always comes back to cause havoc or bring insights. We’ll see how that unfolds.

Right now I am wondering… What’s next God? We’ll see where it goes from here.

No comments: