Saturday, October 09, 2021

Chapter 10 - Deacon - The Big Reveal

 


Chapter 10 - Deacon - The Big Reveal


When I materialized into the room, my connection to Faith snapped back instantly. I turned to my left and saw her peeking in the door. Damn. She turned to run and I materialized  in front of her in the hallway. She ran straight into my chest. Faith looked at me, her eyes round and confused.

 "Who are you?"

Before either of us could move and continue the conversation, a huge earthquake shook the realm sending both of us to our knees. I held one arm around her and one steadying us against the wall. Then a ripple wave of energy tore through the town nearly knocking me backward.

 "What was that?" I whispered. Had I said that aloud?

 "That was me, unfortunately," said a man's voice standing over us. I looked up and a veil of confusion that had been lingering over me lifted.

 "Merlin?"

 " Back in the flesh. God needed a magical assistance. What we thought was a little time anomaly was a bit more invasive." He nodded toward Faith. "I see you finally found Marian. Ready for that love story you've been dreaming about for years?"

 Was I blushing? I cleared my throat and looked down at Faith. She was still lifting herself out of the magical confusion.

 "Arthur, you are going to have a lot to explain to her."

 I sighed. "I know."

 "Jason Argon and his shadow guardian, James have been doing well taking care of Camelot in your stead. But eventually you will need to come back and continue your destiny. "

 "I know, but I have work to do at the Crossroads first."

 Merlin chuckled. "Another Camelot in the making? Jason is sending James back to assist you again. Everything should be back to normal except for a few glitches we couldn't iron out."

 I nodded, lifted Faith to her feet and hugged my mentor. "It's so good to see you again, old friend."

 " Oh, I won't be far away. Your love story isn't over yet. It's truly just begun. "

I clutched my Marian, my Faith by my side and we disappeared into the ethers. We returned to the Crossroads almost the same time we'd left. Everything looked normal, until Gabe, our Associate Pastor came up to me.

 "Pastor Noah, we might have a problem."

Pastor? That was new. Must be one of the time glitches.

 "What is it, Gabe?"

 " You know those concerns Faith and James were having about money and a police investigation concerning church members? "

I raised an eyebrow.

 "It was like Faith thought. Covert not overt. We found it. Unfortunately a few staff members may be involved. I am kind of concerned about the fallout."

 " No matter what it is, Gabe, we will deal with it. With God on our side this should be a piece of cake. "

He nodded and turned back to the audio visual area. He really needed to give that guy a raise.

Faith stirred next to me. "You okay," I asked .

She nodded. "I just had the weirdest dream."

I chuckled. "Why don't we go into my office. I want to tell you a story. It's about King Arthur and Maiden Marian and how they found love and lived happily ever after. "

 "That's funny. I was dreaming about Nottingham."


 Note from Aiden:
This love story isn't over yet. It's really just begun. I will be sure to keep you updated with all the details.


No comments: