Friday, October 01, 2021

Chapter 9 : A God Drought

 

Chapter 9 : A God Drought

Has the church left God in the parking lot?


Have you ever sat in a service and watched all the hoopla, saw the raised hands and wondered if the congregation were really connecting to God or just all the showmanship on stage? I personally don’t connect to God like that. To me it is inauthentic to raise my hands. It’s just not me. I don’t need to prove to anyone else that I am connecting to God.


I speak to Him every day. Sometimes the best time is those moments when you first realize you are awake in the morning. With your eyes still closed, talk to Him. Tell Him your story or what is weighing on your mind. Then during the day watch for the signs He gives you, the promptings where you feel you need to act.


We connect to God by making it a practice. The more you do it the better you get at it. Looking for God signs does get easier and easier. They are just so subtle, like whispers. The more you realize He is working in your life, you see He has been there since the moment you entered this earth. He connects with you without you even realizing. Now we need to notice Him and take action on what He sends our way.


I am being more opened up by God every day and He is helping me connect to people again. I have been in such a hermit phase, I feel like I have forgotten how to have friends. I watch my pastor and deacons and how easily they build friendships. I wish that gift for myself someday. For now I follow God’s promptings. Sometimes it almost seems like magic when one of God’s promptings coincides with a struggle someone is having. And just by you noticing them, talking to them, remembering them fills a place in their soul they didn’t realize was empty. We all help each other down here on earth. We are all earth angels sent by God. Kinda like his energetic God-infused army. It’s really how God planned it.


I don’t need you to tell me you struggle. As your friend I should notice and comfort you. I realize I need to be a better friend and reach out more. I have done that lately with a few people. So, if I come up to you and say hi and give you a hug, know that is one of those God prompts. I am kinda going all secret spy on this. One girl on a mission to fill the God drought by sneaking God back into the church and into everything I do.I hope you will all be sneaky with me.


I took a bit of a left turn in my walk with God the other day. God prompted it. I’ve been transferred to a new spiritual team, so to speak. It’s like I was on a path and suddenly that path ended and a new path opened. Does that ever happen to you? I have currently been navigating through the weeds trying to find the main road. I do know a team member who is now working with me on this. I am not sure if it is a God secret so I will keep it to myself for now.


I do know God wants me to pay attention to new messages about justice, fairness and balance concerning my church or maybe just the church at large. He wants us to go all Mama Bear on the church. The church needs nurturing and love and it needs you to plug God back into the things you do at church and at home.


I feel like my mission has been upleveled with this new partner. We will work together, sort of like a God inspired tag team to sneak God back into the church. God’s idea is to bring an energetic God connection to everyone. He wants them to feel Him working in them. This type of evidence will make them see how important their personal mission on earth is.


God spoke to me the  other day saying he was giving a friend of mine a new sermon series called Letters from God or God’s messages. Something along those lines. I hope this person is open to this series, God seems super excited about it. For me, he is sending me what He calls King Arthur’s love letters. This is somehow going to go along with my fairytale story Nottingham: Manifesting Marian. The cast has changed up a bit. God is refocusing it. He likes to do that at a drop of a hat. But I do have a whole page of plot points I am really excited to write about.


I hope today you notice God out in the parking lot and invite him in to celebrate with you. Blessings.



No comments: