Sunday, October 10, 2021

Prologue/Chapter 1 - Roanna/Faith - A Door Opens/A Love Delayed

 


Prologue - Roanna - A Door Opens


I don't know what to think about this strange land. I don't even know how I got here. I had been praying at the Temple of the Moon when something happened. A strange flash of light enveloped me and drew me through a portal.

Now I am standing before a magnificently made building with a magical window revealing words I don't understand. All I know right now is that it is night and I am so tired from my journey. The portal used my energy and now I am depleted. This sanctuary feels safe and I open the door using techniques taught to me by a sister at the temple.

The biggest room draws me in and I rest on chairs so comfortable I instantly fall asleep while thanking God For His providence.

Chapter 1 - Faith - A Love Delayed


It's been months since Deacon told me his secret. It's really hard to believe since I have no real evidence. Everything about my Nottingham experience is so vague. It's as if I had a bit of a mind wipe and came back clear and defragged, like after you have cleaned up your computer when your hard drive gets full. Because of this mind wipe, the connection I feel with him is different, more subtle. It's as if the magic he said was inside me was slowly dying. 

I grab the donut boxes out of Deacon's Jeep and watch as he and James disappear inside the church. The two of them have been thick as thieves since our King Arthur discussion. I have been spending more and more time at the candle shop, The Beacon's Flame, and less time with him. Sometimes happily ever afters aren't all they are cracked up to be.

I'm not really sure he's noticed. He's busy building his new empire. I understand building things but not to the detriment of your relationships. I see Deacon's cell phone behind one of the boxes and slip it into my back pocket. Kara appears behind me all whispy smoke and a slight breeze.  Not sure I am going to get used to that.

 "Give you a hand?" she asked.

 " Sure. Thanks. The boys are in their usual spot. "

She chuckled. "Noah can be a bit single-minded. "

 "Ya think?" I smile back. I know the smile doesn't reach my eyes. I have been talking to God every day about this but nothing has changed. I fear my love story may have stalled before it ever got out of the gate.

 The sanctuary was dark and Kara placed her boxes on the far counter then made her way back to the worship center where the team practiced. I smiled and waved. I just felt sad and I don't really know why. I think this must be what they mean when they describe a dark night of the soul.

I made my way past the front pews (They are really chairs but I still call them pews) to go outside to get the rest of the morning's goodies when I see a woman lying on the chairs passed out. I felt her forehead. She didn't feel hot. How had she gotten in here? Something inside of me seemed to pull at her in a way I can't quite describe. Then before I knew what was happening the woman melded into my energy field and disappeared.

I don't remember fainting. I don't remember too much until James found me lying on the floor with a big goose egg on my forehead.

He touched it gingerly. "You okay?"

I nodded. "I guess so. I'm not sure what happened."

 " Have you eaten anything this morning? "

I thought about it but couldn't remember.

 "Have a donut and some juice. You'll feel better." 

 Hailey pulled James away and I made my way back to the area where we put all the food. A few of the helpers were already getting things ready for me.

 "Thank you, guys."

 " Jeremy got the rest of the stuff from the Jeep, " said a young girl. "We're all set for the crowd to converge on us."

 " Great. " I picked up a small item and a coffee and sat down. I felt like my feet were about to stop holding me up.

 "You have the gift too," said a voice inside my head. I had never been clairaudient so hearing a voice like this surprised me.

 "Who is this?" I whispered.

 "I am Roanna, Oracle from the Temple."

 I raised my eyebrows and nearly choked on my donut.


No comments: