Monday, November 15, 2021

Chapter 3 - The Author - Release Notes

 



In the course of building this story I have discovered a couple of truths.

1. I don't want to go into the whole financial glitch in the newspaper. It is just not an area I am that interested in defining and want to just let it go.

2. I have discovered that my character has a lot of memory gaps that may lead her to a dark place that I am just not willing to travel down right now. That rabbit hole is just too dark and sullen and makes me want to just run away and hide. This writing journey has triggered me so many tines. I have cried my eyes out so many times writing this series of stories. I am just ready to take a break from it.

I did realize what my TRUE CALLING was. I'll bet you thought it was necromancy. Nope. Red herring. My true calling is singing for God. My Grandpa Bud Marrs knew it all along. He saw it in me when I was just a kid. I used to joke that I was the black sheep of the family. My aunt and uncle Mike and Tracy Walton were missionaries in Africa, my Grandpa did prison ministry for years, was an ordained minister and sang bass in many gospel quartets. I would say... I just sing. Hard to compare yourself to people with such a greater calling than you have.

As I was building this story I realized it would probably send me into a new depression. I recently uncovered that I had finally truly awakened from the previous life struggle.I truly didn't want to dive into a story that would send me reeling again. 

In the course of world building, I had created a whole new Deacon. He was the twin brother of the one in the stories I built originally. The first Deacon was the dark and this one was going to be the light. Deacon Carmichael Powers, DC for short but Faith had met him on an op and knew him as Rafe. I may journey to this character again one day but the surrounding story was going to be SRA influenced and I was just not ready for something of that nature.

I was drawn to my original inspiration for my spy series, The Legacy. It was a Canadian TV show called Poltergeist The Legacy. Their motto was: Faith is in need of the whole truth. Wow, did that say it all for me or what. I kind of had a V8 slap your forehead moment. They also used a scripture in their opening credits that I think really speaks highly of the series as a whole.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. - Ephesians 6:12

I think the whole concept of this series just spoke to me. I could relate to the dark and light struggle. I knew I was true north and so were these folks. They fought for the light. I have so much respect for that.

So, needless to say this story is over before it ever began. I will be taking a hiatus and learning more about a topic I truly need to dig into... Jesus. 

Spoiler alert.... King Arthur was really Jesus. 

Can't you just see the similarities. King Arthur has Knights who go out and fight in his stead. They have high moral character. They are the ones everyone looks up to, the leaders of their communities, so to speak. Jesus had Disciples. 

Interesting huh? So neither of my guys were the real King Arthur. But I did get an interesting insight. This story about King Arthur only comes forward right before a thousand years of peace is about to come upon the earth. I thought that was pretty interesting. My tag line says it all, I think...

Fighting for the side of Light, by writing a fairytale that is not quite right.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at either of my emails: toniwalker@hotmail.com or tonispywriter@gmail.com


No comments: