Friday, July 23, 2021

Diary Entry 3 - Me, My Bestie and the Job

 


Diary Entry 3 - Me, My Bestie and the Job

I just realized that I failed to mention who I am. I am Tori Waters. Ad Designer by trade but in 2012 I was one of the first few oracle and tarot readers on YouTube. The genre has kind of exploded since then and the whole Tube-verse is flooded with people who do this sort of thing for a living. That wasn’t my intention when I started my channel. I did daily readings for years until I burned myself out. I wasn’t interested in doing personal readings for people. I just liked reading the cards and seeing what might be going on in the energy on that day. There is a new guy I have found on YouTube who talks about being an energy reader. I really think that is what I am. I am a good tarot reader but my PR guys just sucks. LOL. It’s because fame and all that comes with it never interested me. Plus, I am too chicken to reveal to the world in my personal universe what I do as a side hustle that makes me no money whatsoever.


Before I was a tarot and oracle reader on the Tube, I had a popular web serial called The Legacy. You are reading this entry on my blog for that spy drama I created then. I was obsessed about writing at the time. I think it gave my mind something to do. Back then I still worked in St. Louis and focusing on this fiction writing venture was better than completely stressing out. It kept me pretty even for years until I realized I needed more people to support me emotionally than just me. That was when I moved back to my hometown working at my town’s newspaper practically doing the same job I did in St. Louis. Did I take a pay cut? Heck yeah. But as you may have gleaned from above, money has not always been my biggest motivator.  I run in cycles. I get really motivated to do something and I do it with gusto. I put all my energy into it. Then I burn out and find something else to obsess about. It’s my thing, it’s what I do.


I do have one person I can talk with about all this spiritual stuff. Her name is Calliope. She is a very vibrant being and kinda glows this golden hue. With a ready smile and positive demeanor she always puts you in a good mood every time you see her. Her aura is just one of happiness and joy. If you are feeling down and spend just a bit of time with her you will discover you have turned that frown upside down without even trying. She is that powerful. I am lucky she is in my life and shares all this craziness with me. She is one of the few people who actually believes me when I tell her about my pendulum ramblings. It’s nice to have a friend who can see past the crazy. Plus, I like to get her input and see what she thinks of Mr. Pendulum’s latest warblings.


No comments: