Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Story insight - Noah - Long Term Op

 I am in a season where my Noah character's fate is being decided. I have discovered there might actually be two different Noah's. One from the past and the current one. Here is the backstory I was creating for Noah as a build up to the new story:


Long Term Op - Noah


I’m afraid I might need to explain myself from the start of this big monologue you are going to witness. I am not a bad guy. Not really. I had a job to do and I did it in service to my country and my God but sometimes what I do is not exactly the most honest or noteworthy. I sometimes have to do what seem to be bad things in order to aim people in the right direction in their lives. That is what happened with Faith. Kind of.


Late in the fall of 1998 I received a message on my old beeper. If you don’t know what they are, they are the communication technology before cell phones. The number was from an old friend of mine and the code was a dire warning, one we had set up years ago. The phone exchange we used was out of service that day. So I had to sneak into the teleconference area to find my message.


To be honest, I was shocked by what he was asking me to do. This person he wanted me to keep track of was a long-term handling job that I wasn’t sure was still being done in this day and age. He must have been following Faith since she was a child. She wasn’t much older than I was at the time. In fact, I had just started my military career and was just a newbie in the time traveling history lessons fix-it program. There is no real technical name for it in the military but Dek worked in a similar vein in a foundation run by some higher ups in Ministry. Ministry is the time traveling Ephesians 6:12 group inside of a bigger group called The Legacy.


I had to be careful because Faith’s old boyfriend’s loyalties were being questioned and he worked in the Legacy. So Dek pulled me in because he trusted me and my honesty. Plus, I owed him my life. More than once, actually.


Fast forward to today. I’m in a bit of a pickle right now. I have had to kick Faith out of my church. It was supposed to be short term thing to protect her but six months earlier she had been cohered out of her job at the newspaper. And now she was in a major healing moment. I have spoken with some Legacy prophets and learned she was working with God doing the obedience to God writing. Somehow Marcus Baal, you know, the Baal from the Bible, had sent some demons onto her with the help of Satan and now I am her biggest enemy. It’s only because Baal and Satan used my image to manipulate her. Now we are having to bring Dek back in to help manage the situation. The guy is retired but he has a soft spot for Faith so he is definitely helping me figure this mess all out.

No comments: